Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Of My Own Volitions

I don't take insults well. My face exhibits a deathly pallor and cheeks feel puffy, every second feels like it has slowed down by a massive degree, so that I can meticulously examine the expressions on my victim's face. In my mind he/she is the victim. While taking in all that soot offered to me I can savour impending reprisal and just plead with myself to wait.....
I have just realised that I fall into the category of those irritating people who have horrible 'taste' - apparently in everything. My preferences in movies, music, tv and women have always accosted severe criticisms. Forgive me if I take these personally, but this is who I am. What I like, what I hear and whatsoever I see significantly sculpts my psyche, and if standing next to me, you can dismiss my picks as repugnant, how am I to convince myself that you don't carry the same notions about me?
I swear that I shall never say "You look fat in that dress."; it hurts mate! My rant, however, is not against those who do, but against those who go "You look bloated in that attire!"
There is a vast difference in being honest and being needlessly vicious. People should learn to disagree gently. BUT, testosterone is beheld as elixir to succeed nowadays, so all common politeness goes into the dustbin, or better still, spat upon companions. And nobility is stupidity.
Next time anybody goes for the jugular, I'm walking away.

4 comments:

Vatsala said...

Concentrating my comment only to the post, is rather difficult rite now..esp when I can map the context..hence the delay...Well..I knw not many ppl can take insults well, moreso cause our definitions for 'insults' dont always match, but more than taking insults well, I guess its better not to offend, no matter how 'unintentional' it mite have been!
Moreover, its not about how u judge a person, its more about how u compare him/her with urself. We dont have to rank a person, but jus make sure either u raise or avoid stooping to their level. Noone's perfect-'perfectly good' or 'perfectly bad'.
Dnt knw how much sense this made..but its totally pertaining to our conversation, which I still am unsure that you understood fully!:)

Shashank said...

You're not gonna believe me, I know, but this pertained to our conversation sparingly -this has just been bugging me for ages now- only the first line, you can say that was an immediete offshoot of our chatter!
About what you said, well, I kinda let-it-go there and then, and oh! there was something I had to tell, we'll have to wait for our 'exclusive' time! ;)

Shashank said...

@vats:
just look up kabir's comments! :) That is what this post was all about!!

Vatsala said...

Oh ho...thats alright!Whatever the blog was about..but it sure made sense even in This context![:)]