Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Overdue


This one almost didn't make it. While I've been busy existing (not living), a pang of embarrassment hits me every now and then - "When will I post something on the blog?". Earlier, it was followed by a feeble admission and some hope- "Soon.". With time, this was replaced by an irritated query- "What purpose does it serve?". Not unreasonable, to ask that of myself. After all, there not any audience to speak of. And I have well admitted that some of the most intense thoughts I have come and go before they are put on paper. So what does blogging accomplish for me?
The closest answer that comes to me is- this is a form of self-expression, and while its presence may not encourage a great discourse or achieve any literary feat, its absence suggests a silence. Not just a lack of words, but a lack of thoughts?

No comments: